Click Pic to Enlarge

09 CTS-V flaring shifts while spraying at 850whp

Click on the "SUBSCRIBE" tab to sign up. I will not respond to technical questions unless you are a paid subscriber. Calibration and Config files will not open directly from the site, they must be downloaded to your computer in order to open.

13 posts / 0 new
Last post
Urbamworm
Urbamworm's picture
09 CTS-V flaring shifts while spraying at 850whp

I run at 650whp while not using nitrous and the transmission shifts perfectly fine, I installed nitrous and since the first day off the dyno it won't shift without flaring on every shift. Originally was running a 100 shot at ~780whp and upped to a 150 shot shortly after, had the same problem at the lower 780whp number.

The car makes right at 850 while on spray now and may bump it to from 150 to a 200 shot soon. I have a NOS mini progressive that I tried cutting the nitrous 300rpm before the shift and it seemed to be worse than when I set it at the same rpm as the shift (both 6400rpm) but even with them how I have it at same rpm, the shifts leave a lot to be desired, I tried spraying through the shift once and right after making the shift (still flaring it then slipped so never did that again).

I have spoke to a few people and have been told things like adjust the "torque air model table" or "increase delivered torque" and adjust the "airmass table," I am not that familair with tuning so this may all be the same thing, that is where you come in! I don't own HP Tuners but have a local tuner that has helped me in the past but he isn't familiar with getting this right so I would like to be able to go to him armed with the info needed to make the necessary adjustments.

I feel like I might have to bite the bullet and buy HPTuners if you are going to want logs and stuff because it is very hard to get up with this local guy since he is always out of town, then the back and forth with getting a log and reporting back here and waiting for a response and going from there would just take forever, but I am hoping maybe some suggestions can be made on what to put in for adjustments and go from there.

I have asked for my current tune to be emailed to me so I can upload it here for reference so when I get it I will upload that, but any info before hand would be greatly appreciated. 

Subscribe today to see the replies on this topic.