Click Pic to Enlarge

2010 sierra 6L80 down shift issues and torque conver never locks.

Custom tuning includes both Engine and Transmission. Specializing in Remote Tuning and software setup!

4 posts / 0 new
Last post
slw206
2010 sierra 6L80 down shift issues and torque conver never locks.

I have a 2010 GMC 2010 Sierra that has minor engine upgrades like cam, springs, lifters, dod and vvt delete. It has also been regeared to 4.10 and it has a circle D 2800 stall converter The truck was street tuned but i am having transmission issues. The transmission down shift are horrible. They are so violent at times the tires will chirp like they are trying to lock up. This happens at all throttle from 2% up to WOT. My upshifts feel great no matter what % throttle i am at. Also my torque converter never locks. I have an edge pro that shows if converter is locked or unlocked and i have not seen it lock in a month. 

This truck was street tuned buy a tuner that is a 4 hour drive. After the tuning he has basically ignored my messages. I have access to HP tunes through a friend but neither of us are very good with transmission tuning. Hopefully someone can help get this transmission sorted cause right now i hate driving it. 

Thanks.. I will respond as fast as i can. 

Subscribe today to see the replies on this topic.