Click Pic to Enlarge

Weird sound with 2015 Camaro SS, built transmission

Click on the "SUBSCRIBE" tab to sign up. I will not respond to technical questions unless you are a paid subscriber. Calibration and Config files will not open directly from the site, they must be downloaded to your computer in order to open. I will make one calibration change for an additional $100 per change. For example, changing a shift point for a given gear is $100 vs changing a shift point and a pressure setting would be $200. That value can be used towards the full custom tuning price.

6 posts / 0 new
Last post
Thalagyrt
Weird sound with 2015 Camaro SS, built transmission

This is a pretty unconventional question for here, but I figure you might have an idea of what this is. The transmission was built with alto red eagles and a circle d converter about 6000 miles ago and the car has 10500 miles on it right now. I used to always drive with music on, so maybe it's always done this since the rebuild and I'm just noticing it now after driving with music off?

In the video I was sitting still and repeatedly shifting up/down from 1-2. My phone's mic was placed in direct contact with the shift knob to make the sound carry through, so keep in mind that it's not nearly as loud in the cabin as the video makes it seem. Am I being paranoid? The transmission still shifts perfectly but I want to be cautious, as I had to rebuild the trans at 4000 miles due to poor tuning (TM cut in half, shift times cut in half, and stock pressure) combined with the transmission being hurt from the factory (it was acting up a bit before the tune, too). I don't want a repeat of that debacle.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/yl5clwdsk81pyp3/2016-07-13%2002.10.37.mp4?dl=0

Just tried to record the sound again and it doesn't do it when freshly started up, only after it's been driven for a little bit it seems.

Subscribe today to see the replies on this topic.